Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, is a condition in which the gum tissue within your mouth is decaying over time. If left untreated, it can develop into gingivitis and eventually cause tooth loss.
Has your smile taken a hit due to periodontal disease? Here are some things you should look for in regard to the disease:
– Do your teeth appear extra loose or out of position?
– Are you on occasion suffering from bad breath, also known as halitosis, which continues to return even after brushing and flossing?
– Have you been in to see your dentist lately for an oral checkup?
– Are your gums pulling back from your teeth, making your teeth look longer than normal?
– Are your gums bleeding heavily and often during mealtime or while brushing or flossing?
– Are you taking any treacherous substances, such as drugs or tobacco?
– Are you taking any medications that have dry mouth as an identified symptom?
– Do your gums look abnormal, including signs of inflammation, extreme swelling, or tenderness when touched or used?
Whichever gum disease services you feel would best suit your needs, Dr. Christopher Lillo and our team here at Oak Ridge Dental Group in our dentist office in Toms River, New Jersey are committed to providing you the service you require. We can be reached at 732-341-1120. We will do our best to help you in any way we can!