Have you had your oral cancer screening yet this year? If you have not scheduled an oral cancer screening, it is important to do so whenever you find the time, as over 40,000 people every year in America will be diagnosed with oral cancer. Like many cancers, the sooner it is detected, the greater the chance of recovery. Listed below are a few signs and symptoms to look for:
– Be on the lookout for any irregular bumps, lumps, rashes, or swelling in your mouth.
– Always check your inner gums for white, speckled, or deep red patches.
– Unexplained weight loss and persistent sore throats could be signs of oral cancer.
– Have your teeth shifted out of position?
– Do you ever have trouble eating or speaking?
– Look for signs of unusual bleeding that occurs that cannot be easily explained.
– Numbness, including total loss of feeling, can be potentially attributed to oral cancer.
– Do you ever feel any strange pain in your ears, head, face, mouth, or neck?
Dr. Christopher Lillo and our team at Oak Ridge Dental Group will ensure that you get the care and quality your smile requires. If you would like to come visit us at our dentist office in Toms River, New Jersey, please schedule an appointment at 732-341-1120. Come in today for your oral cancer screening.